Sunday, August 24, 2008

dreams.

I have found a church in the Springs that I love. I have a job interview there on Tuesday to be an administrative assistant. This morning at church, the Lord was present and close. And the leadership at the church seems to be right on - they're sensitive to the Lord's leading, true to His word, and I'm just really impressed. It's kind of big - so how do I make friends there? It's also hard because I don't know where living. I'd get plugged in, but what if I'm about to move to Denver?!?!

Something I'm starting to learn:
 the Lord's dreams are better for me than my own, but dying to my own dreams hurts and is risky - but I can trust Him. I want to be a part of His bigger plan for eternity and His Kingdom, not just my own ideas of what I think would be great for my life.  

Just in case you think that I'm in Colorado and not taking advantage of BEAUTY that is here, don't worry: we climbed the peak yesterday from the Crags campground. Well, Linds climbed the whole thing and my Dad and I got to about 13,000 feet, which I am proud of. It was beautiful!!!!!! We camped, ate smores, froze in the evening, and bragged on how beautiful creation is.  Did I mention it is good to be here?

Happy Sunday! 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Kristin! What church? We need somewhere to start! :)

kristin said...

woodmen valley.

Tori said...

Hey old friend...glad to find you again!