Saturday, November 22, 2008

what now?!?

Hi. It's Saturday afternoon and usually there is a plethora of great activities going on with my friends today - a hike, off-roading, movie watching, something... but today? Nothing. It is good because I applied for some new jobs and got some work done for my grandparents. But, I love being with people and doing crazy things and Saturday is usually one of the best days to do those things. My friends are beginning to mozy out of town for the holiday, which means... what do I do?????  It's been really great being a part of a community here and just feeling like I can run toward the Lord with people. Really great. So, what does this week hold? It'll be different from the rest for sure: Linds is here, huge party at the casa for Thanksgiving, no Bible Study, more free time. it's good; I want to pursue the Lord in the midst of it all.

Here's a low down on the job hunt: Banana Republic, had an interview, haven't heard back; ADF, didn't get the job; applications into a lot of new places (a new burst of enthusiasm): David C. Cook, Life Network, UCCS, Catholic Charities, International Justice Mission, and Youth For Christ... they're kind of all over the place and nothing that seems to suit me super well, but at least it's progress... and organizations that I would be excited to be a part of. Suggestions? People you know who could help? 

Fun moments lately: dressing up like a turkey for our Fakesgiving party, playing the accordion for friends, finishing up pottery class, talking about opening a shop called "the whimsical potato", running a 5k (this happens weekly in healthy downtown colorado springs - I've done it once), and hopefully singing in all 6 xmas eve services at my church (WOW). 

Happy almost Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the profile pic, k-wood. :-)