Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow way!

Snow. It hasn't stopped coming down all day. It shouldn't be a shocker - I did move back to Colorado which is known for white winters, but it's just snowing in my neighborhood!  And it's about a foot deep. And, if you remember I drive a toyota echo, affectionately called "snow puff." I mean, if I had a snow demon or a snow conqueror the roads would be no problem, but with the snow puff and dirt roads my attempt to get out of my driveway today failed. My car was lower to the ground than the snow was.  So... I missed church, missed having coffee with my sister and missed fun with friends in the springs and in Denver today because of it. Didn't realize those things were so important to me. Most of my thoughts toward snow are currently very grumpy thoughts, but as I've surrendered all of it to the Lord, it is a noticeable and stop-me-in-my-tracks reminder that I am not in control. I've had thoughts like, "This is it - I'm moving to the city this week." or "Which of my friends has a big vehicle that can get me out?" or "I've got to get a job... so that I can move... so that I can get where I want to go." Yeah, that's how it works! No. That the Lord does what He wants and that I am always and only dependent on Him. Not friends, not church, not coffee. Just the Lord. I must lean on the Lord. This is definitely not what I was expecting to learn or do today - He is always surprising.  So today... is Yours Lord, do what You want. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristen, There was a message on the white board today that asked if anyone had your new adddress. The admin has a check they need to mail to you. I don't have your mailing address but hope you check your comments daily. Contact Tammi Ballou or Blendia Curtis at admin 479-824-3010 and give them your mailing address. I hope things are going well. Merry Christmas from Connie Debes and her kids