Thursday, October 23, 2008

no I ain't gonna lose you.

Hey. I just discovered Brett Dennen. He's a new musician. Fun stuff... not sure if I can excuse buying an album at this moment, but it's very pretty and jazzy and folky and oh-so-cool. One of his songs is the title of my post if you want to check it out. 

So, speaking of not losing... I did not get the job at my church. By the time I got the phone call yesterday morning I was expecting a "no" from them - I think the Lord prepared me for that. It was a rough day but I had a TON of friends pray for me and heard some good truths to remember. The Lord has spared me from getting a lot of jobs - I have no idea where He wants me, but hopefully it's somewhere great because He's sure said no to a lot of things. 

Tomorrow I have another interview - doing nothing I'm interested in, but maybe jobs are not where we are supposed to always feel most alive - I mean, sure that is ideal, but maybe there's not a great fun job with everything that fits me and my job is to use my gifts to glorify the Lord through serving Him through the church or something. So good processing. So, the job would be a teller? Yeah, I know a lot about that. Nothing... the closest I got during college was during quantitative lit when I sat in the back and drew pictures to Jake and talked to Jonathan - not a whole lot of learning going on there. But, the Lord can do what He wants and I am trying to hear his voice. 

Oh, and I went to a retreat this weekend and was so surprised by what the Lord talked to me about. He's life. He's it. I've got to keep trusting in Him - that He's working in me. Very cool. Speaking of cool, it snowed!!!!! brrr... but pretty. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bummer on the job! his ways are not always our ways... but yay for brett dennen! i like him too.