Saturday, September 20, 2008

It don't mean a thing...

If it ain't got that swing. I am a little tall.  5'8". Not super duper tall, but tall enough that one of my favorite roommates could wear my capris as pants. 

Last night I went swing dancing after church. I danced with four memorable dancers. All great guys, only one of them reaching 6'0". That should be fine, but when they're trying to get your head under their armpit for the pretzel it can be kind of traumatizing. There's also one move where they grab your hips and you grab their wrists and they throw you up in the air - I just felt huge and tall. One guy was trying a move he was kind of new at and we kind of stopped mid way - he was like, "I don't know how to do this with someone so tall." So, we gave up on that one.  They were all great about it, and it probably wasn't really an issue. I don't define myself by my height, but it was a bit of a detriment when dancing. I just wanted to feel cute and little. So, what did I do about it? This morning I had my brother, a proud 6'3", dance with me. I felt small. Thanks Dan. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are thin and tall - like Heidi Klum and most models. Who doesn't want to look like that hottie? AND you've got cute written all over you.

Remember when we watched Sense and Sensibility on your little couch in your wonderful apartment? I miss that night. How's work stuff?

Sarah Saunier said...

Why did I not know that you had a blog. So fun to read it.