Wednesday, February 4, 2009

oh... what a world we live in

Whoops. Got a little behind on posting (really, that's the story of me blogging since day one). 

Some thoughts on life and some accomplishments, in no particular order:
1. I LOVE my church. We are in the middle of a teaching series on worship and it continually is shifting my perspective of God. It's a treat. 
2. I don't have a job. And I am not going to India. I thought I was, but I'm not. It has been a good decision - I'm very glad that the decision is made. And I am excited about what's ahead...
3. What's ahead? You think I know? Nope, I don't. I just know that I love worship (leading worship, singing, writing, playing in the band, any of it) and want to pursue that. But since that doesn't pay at the moment (or maybe never will), I'm applying for more admin. jobs (woo-hoo!). 
4. This week I hiked the incline in Manitou Springs. It was a big accomplishment. I hope to make it a regular event. 
5. I'm reading a book called "The Art of Compassion" and it has some neat thoughts on art and how our art/music/ability to make $$ and give it away can help relieve some people living in poverty. 
6. I want to spend my money in a way that reflects what I care about. So, that means giving more, even when I don't have. and being smart so that my checkbook reflects that I care more about Christ and His work and His people than I do about clothes from target (man, that's a toughie). 
7. Other good book recommendations: Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and Soul Survivor by Mike Pilavachi. They have been part of encouragement that's gotten me through this waiting season. 
8. The LORD continues to put great people into my life that it is a treat to run next to. I am always meeting great people who love the Lord through worship. And friends continue to encourage me in HUGE ways. 

That's it. G'night.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love that you are reading Soul Survivor by Mike Pilavachi! I haven't thought of him in a long time. He used to come to my church every year when I was in junior high/high school and speak.

Sarah Saunier said...

I am reading two of those books that you mentioned. I love reading. SO many good books. I want to come and see you sometime soon. I miss you.